Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Joel Fendelman - Nashville, Louisville, Augusta

The latest update from filmmaker Joel Fendelman, touring his film David:

Scarritt Bennett Center
My first Day off was fantastic, it was spent in Nashville, Tennessee. I found this old women's missionary training center called Scarritt Bennett Center which has since been converted to a retreat center with inexpensive, peaceful rooms. I was fortunate to go to the BlueBird cafe to hear some of the best singer song writer music I have heard in a while.

Clifton Center
My next stop was Louisville, Kentucky where my film was shown at the Clifton Center, another beautiful historic building. It was a cold, snowy night but a good 20-30 people bared through the cold, all very appreciative of the film. We had a wonderful talk back afterwards.
Clifton Center

After Louisville was Augusta, Georgia where I am now. The storms have come in even stronger and there is about 2 inches of snow on the ground. This started last night near the time of the screening at the Morris Museum. We weren't even sure anyone would show because there were emergency warnings on the news. But as we neared the screening time, a handful of brave, committed souls showed up. It was a small but intimate showing. Kevin Grogan, the museum director introduced me and we had a passionate talkback after the showing.
Morris Museum of Arts

Now I'm siting in the beautiful Lookaway Inn, preparing for the drive tomorrow to screen at the Wallace Community college in Hanceville, Alabama.
Me and Kevin Grogan at the Morris Museum of Art

Augusta

No comments:

Post a Comment