Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lunch Line - Greenville, NC & Augusta, GA


Argh! Just missed the Piratefest in Greenville, which was supposedly held last week. Nonetheless we had a great screening at the Greenville Museum of Art. The screening was hosted by the Cinematic Arts Guild, which is run by an enthusiastic group of film students from East Carolina University and expertly led by Alison, a sophmore. I had a great chat with Professor Mike Dermody about their growing film program. (Note: Filmmaking is no longer bound by geography.)


We were also honored to have several women, who play significant roles in the Greenville school lunch program, attend the screening. They added quite a bit to our Q&A. More than celebrities they are the folks who make a real difference in school lunch.



In the morning I flew out to Augusta, GA, and I ended up scoring a 62, which I believe is a new record at the Masters. Okay, that didn't happen, but we did have a screening of LUNCH LINE at the Morris Museum of Art. I happen to love museums -- so to have two screenings at two museums was a treat. I was able to spend a good amount of time at the Morris Museum, which focuses primarily on the art and artists of the American South. Having recently moved to the South, I found it incredibly engaging. I have a number of Southern artists that I'm now going to need to research (or at least google). The staff at Morris were great, and despite the rain (which poured throughout the day) they did a wonderful job of hosting the event. 

The Price of Blood by Thomas Satterwhite Noble (1868)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment