Sunday, April 22, 2012

"you don't know what i got" visits Madison GA


Cultural Center
MADISON GA.    I knew of Madison’s reputation before I arrived.  I was looking forward to seeing this little jewel of the south and I have to say it did not disappoint.  Madison is a beautiful town and the people are as lovely as the architecture. I was traveling alone on this leg of the tour, so it was tough to grab candids at the actual screening but I still managed to capture some of the sights.  The theater we screened in was absolutely amazing.  Once again it was great to share the films with the community and soak in scene.  I went back to the Cultural Center the following day just to take in the art and get some pics of the theater.   
Theater 









The following day, I had a lovely conversation with Mamie Lee Hillman, the curator of the African American Museum.  She shared her stories on Greene County and gave me a personal tour of the museum.  She also taught me a new expression "That's a cutie".   Not sure I can pull it off like Mamie Lee but I’m going to try... Thank you Mamie Lee and Madison for an unforgettable experience.    

Mamie Lee Hillman, Curator of African American Museum












        

No comments:

Post a Comment