Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ryan White - Auburn

After my jaunt to New Orleans, I ended my portion of the Circuit at a screening at Auburn University’s Jule Collins Smith Museum of Art. My grandfather was trained down here during WWII to operate the radio on his battleship. We went to the drugstore where they served lemonade to him in the 1940’s, and where they still serve lemonade today.

The movie screened in a beautiful, modern auditorium with great sound and a blu-ray projector. Sometimes it’s nice to see the film play exactly the way you intended it to sound and hear. The crowd was a lot of college students and kids, so there was a lot of energy in the room. A wonderful way to wrap up my portion of the screenings – my co-director Gwendolyn has the final three covered!

Thanks to all the AMAZING hospitality of my Southern Circuit venues and hosts - and to the flawless organization of South Arts. I enjoyed every minute (minus the sickness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment