Sunday, February 07, 2010

VISUAL ACOUSTICS: Southern Circuit Tour-Days 3 - 5


On day three I left Baton Rouge, LA and headed to Ocean Springs, MS. I have never driven along this route and I was impressed at the beauty of the natural environment. It seemed like a never ending series of bays, inlets and marshes all aligned by tall pines.

That day's screening took place at the Mary C. O'Keefe Cultural Center. Once a school, this is now a cultural center housing a cooking school, a number of different art class workshops, recording studio and theater.


The center is run by Eric Zala who I learned is also a filmmaker himself. Eric is the director of "Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation." The film has screened all over the world and hearing his story was quite entertaining.

On day four I awoke at 4:30 a.m. and was on the road to get back to the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport. I flew into Nashville and headed to Clarksville, TN.

The screening was at Austin Peay State University. The screening took place here:


The contrast between the architectural style of the campus and the subject matter of the film was quite thought provoking.

My parents drove down from St. Louis to attend the screening so the rest of that day and the fifth day (a day off) was spent with them and their friends who had come from Kentucky.





No comments:

Post a Comment