Friday, November 20, 2009

White Noise


The people of Jackson, Clemson, and Cullowhee are hungry. In the last 3 days there were packed rooms of passionate students desperate to see something real. After a quick google here are some remarks from the chorus:

On Twittter jinxlovesrhps from WCU said the film was "#recommend". Just so you guys know a hashtag(#) is a big compliment on the 2009 world wide web.

On Blogspot Abubn's Art-like Things wrote:
"This was one of the best films I have seen here at Millsaps since I've been here. That's about 3 semesters. 'Amazing' seems to be too pale of a word for the documentary; it showed the good, the bad, and the indifferent. Thank you. Thank you for showing this, Millsaps."


On Wednesday I spent 8 hours in airports, and arrived into Clemson ten minutes before the film was finished to walk into a room of over a hundred eager students.


This is a photo of a paper plant in Cullowhee, NC. It reminded me of The Airbone Toxic Event in Don DeLillo's White Noise.

Sadly my last screening is tonight in Durham. Hopefully I will see some of your smiling faces this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment