Sunday, November 15, 2009

Louisiana



Tired. I don't want to sound weak, but its only 8:30 pm and I don't even feel like crawling out to the bar in my hotel. The last two days have only felt like a minute. I spent 20 hours in Alexandria and 16 hours in New Orleans.



Alexandria had a nice crowd and I had the honor of staying at the famous household of Nicole and David Holcombe. If you don't know why it is so famous, you are missing out. Please notice David's Saturday morning dance attire.



Spent this morning in the 9th ward. I guess people are drawn here for the same reason they are drawn to the ground zero memorial. I met two fine Viking fans who were canal fishing with frozen chicken legs for Thanksgiving crabs. More good news is a brand new Walmart is being built in the St. Bernard Parish.

Updated music list:
NPR All Songs Considered - "The Decade in Music Defined"
LCD Soundsystem - "Sound of Silver"
The Rolling Stones - "Exile on Main Street"

And HEY David, met you in IDFA last year. Big fan of you and Mr. Longo!




Bigger and more photos from my trip:
http://bit.ly/4FLH01

Some people have been requesting my podcast with Allen Bell, you can listen to it here:
http://bit.ly/44k1nr

No comments:

Post a Comment