Monday, March 30, 2009

Lexington & Ashland, Kentucky

SATURDAY, MARCH 27, 2009

The Downtown Lexington Library was an ideal spot for the Lexington screening. We had a great turnout and I was happy that so many of my cousins from nearby Louisville drove in for the screening.  This is my second time visiting Lexington.  My first visit was to produce and direct a documentary film called Derby in Black about the history of Black jockeys and their enormous contributions to the Kentucky Derby.

SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2009

I was not familiar with the small town of Ashland, Kentucky before and really did not know what to expect during this stop on the tour.  To my surprise and delight, however, the town was very quaint and we had a nice audience turnout for the All About Us screening.  The audience really enjoyed our film and asked tons of great questions during my Q&A.  I also gave a television interview to the local news program that aired later that evening.  Next (unofficial) stop is Charlotte, NC for a quick "rest-day" stop home to see my love Christine and our four delicious children.  There is no place like home and getting to sleep in your own bed isn't too bad either. -Michael Swanson

No comments:

Post a Comment