Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Highlights from High Point

10/9 - It was a short drive from my home town of Durham up to High Point. The High Point Theatre is a beautiful facility that looks relatively new. Its main screening area can accomodate approximately 1,000 people. We screened in an adjacent room which allowed for a more intimate screening; almost a lounge-type scene with plush sofas. I think this setting is one of the reasons we had such a lively Q&A session. I was impressed by the audience's focused attention to the film.

Louisa, the Executive Director of the High Point Theatre, was a terrific hostess who provided a nice 'wine and cheese' reception. She also took us to dinner at Southern Roots where we chowed down on typically southern fare of pork, collards, okra and sweet potatoes. As part of the High Point charm, I was allowed to arrive in rock star style. A local policewoman (Catherine) allowed me to park in the "No Parking Zone" in front of the theatre for the screening.

It was a nice surprise to run into an old acquaintence, Tom Terrell - a High Point attorney, who brought his family to the screening. Louisa and I have promised to stay in touch, so it was nice to make a new High Point friend as well! And of course, I'm running late and I need to get on the road to Ashville. I'll post again after today's screening.

No comments:

Post a Comment