Wednesday, September 05, 2007

starting from the beginning...

High Point was a great show. It was a small/moderate sized crowd, but they were very engaged with the work. I just realized that I may be dealing with many people that don't know much about experimental films. I need to make sure I articulate an easy in for them... a way for them to make sense of what they're looking at. It seems much better to show the works individually... to sort of guide them through it. Still, the management and sponsors were great, the crowd was warm and open to the work, and I had several friends from the area show up (which turned the event into a big family reunion afterwards). Luckily enough, I sold 4 DVDs of my work, including one to the sponsor.... really great crowd.

A little sleep before dawn, then Louisville awaits....

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment