Thursday, March 21, 2013

Now Showing at the Lucas Theatre for the Arts!


Last night I screened "Daisy Bates: First Lady of Little Rock" at the Lucas Theatre in Savannah, Georgia. This was my first time back in Savannah in more than 10 years--I really love this city. It's beautiful and steeped in history in a way that only a Southern town can be. The people are warm and friendly to match the beautiful architect and atmosphere. Over 100 people attended the screening in the 1920s Lucas Theatre. Many of the audience members were high school students who surprisingly sat quietly throughout the film. The question and answer session went on so long that the technical manager dragged the microphone out of my hands in order to get everyone out of the theater and to the reception. It was quite comical! During the reception audience members approached me to thank me for the film and share their personal stories. We actually closed down the theater--it's good to be in Georgia again!

No comments:

Post a Comment