Monday, October 08, 2012

Our inaugral screening!

Winder Cultural Arts Center, Winder, GA
Last night, my mother and I had a warm welcome at the Winder Cultural Arts Center in Winder, Georgia. It's an impressive building and the array of cultural activities Don Wildsmith, Christopher Childs and the rest of the team puts on is remarkable. Christopher asked me a range of very interesting questions in the Q & A, and then audience members followed up with some great ones of their own. People were happy to be introduced to the extraordinary Simone Weil.

At the reception, I spoke to a number of Winder residents, including Becky and Thom Tollerson who run 106 West a music performance space and music school in town. Becky came because she was intrigued by a film made by and about a woman. Her husband Thom came along not knowing what to expect, and told me enthusiastically that he was very glad he decided to join her! 

In Asheville now, en route to our screening in Johnson City tonight. More later with more photos, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment