Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Ahead of Time in Manteo, NC


Laura Martier, Director of the Dare County Arts Council was lovely enough to invite me to an art opening the evening before my screening and it was a wonderful opportunity to meet the wonderful community of Kitty Hawk, NC. I met so many people who were talented, warm and inclusive.





The day of my screening was cold, windy and overcast so I wasn't able to enjoy the beach, unfortunately. Instead, I headed to Manteo,  and went to the Elizabethan Gardens. These gardens were built in the 1950s to commemorate the first colony in the New World, which arrived in the 1500's from England. I don't remember ever learning about The Lost Colony of Roanoke, as it is called, and I enjoyed the short film. The expedition was organized and financed by Sir Walter Raleigh. 


Fascinating story!

The screening was packed and everyone stayed for the Q&A. The questions were great and it was a stimulating evening!

-Zeva Oelbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment