Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sheila Dvorak - Madison, GA - A Picturesque town for our film







When I arrived in Madison, GA, I was immediately struck by the beauty of the place. It is the Southern City that was too perfect for Sherman to burn, so there were historical homes and buildings everywhere I turned.

The auditorium where we held the screening made me feel like I was going back in time. It was once an old school house, and it just has the best energy.

The screening was very exciting, and I got a lot of interesting questions asked of me during the Q&A. We had a reception afterward, and I had these some soft home made molasses cookies I won't soon forget.

The next day I went to the middle school and told the drama and production classes that our cast had never acted on camera before, and that explained how they could get a chance to be a part of a film if they looked out for the right opportunities. I loved my time in Madison, especially the hospitality of the Cultural Center staff and volunteers. I suggest everyone find the time to stop here and take a walk back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment