Saturday, February 13, 2010

ViSUAL ACOUSTICS: Southern Circuit Tour-Days 9 - 11


Next stop; Orangeburg, South Carolina. The screening took place at the I.P. Stanback Museum and Planetarium at South Carolina State University which is a black historic university. The director of the museum, Ellen Zisholtz offered a room at her house and, as a documentary filmmaker, I will jump at any chance to conserve funds. Staying with Ellen was great as I got a lot of information about Orangeburg, the South and ultimately her. What impressed me the most was how dedicated she was to giving the students at South Carolina State University every opportunity she could to expose them to the arts.

The film was screened inside the planetarium. Afterwards, I had my own private planetarium showing.



Next day was a day off. I headed for Charleston where I haven't been since I was twelve. My first stop was to Magnolia Plantation. Epic.







Once I left the plantation I headed into Charleston. I haven't been to this city since I was twelve. In my opinion, this is one of the most fascinating cities in the U.S. It happened to snow that night.



The next morning, I left Charleston and headed to Jacksonville, FL for a screening at University of North Florida. The thing I noticed first is the interplay between the built environment and the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment