Thursday, March 26, 2009

Let The Tour Begin!

TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009

I departed Charlotte this morning and flew to Montgomery, Alabama for my first of ten exciting Southern Circuit Tour screenings of our romantic drama, All About Us.


As I drove across the state to Auburn I saw a sign in Tuskegee, Alabama for the Tuskegee Airmen Historical Site and Museum.  I immediately decided to make a stop and pay a visit since I've heard so much about these distinguished Black pilots over the years.  In fact, I had the opportunity to meet one of the Airmen a few years back...he was in his late 80s at the time.  I watched an informative short documentary film at the museum about their history and significance and was very inspired by their accomplishments and service to our country.  Please check out this link to learn a bit more about these American heroes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen
I arrived at Auburn University, grabbed a delicious dinner and headed to the beautiful Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art for our screening.  I met and chatted with my hostess Mrs. Scott Bishop before the screening (I told her she has the COOLEST name) and although the audience turnout was not "standing room only" I was really pleased with those 10 awesome people who did attend.  We had a wonderful and intimate post-screening discussion.  It was officially a wrap.  The first screening was down and very well-received.  I discovered later that night that the Auburn University women's basketball team played an NCAA tournament game on campus at the same time of our screening!  The Auburn ladies lost in the final 6 seconds to Baylor by only two points.  I felt sad for the team but a little relieved that perhaps the smaller turnout was due to the likely fact that everyone within a 100-mile radius of Auburn was either attending the women's game or watching it on TV.  Off to Baton Rouge!  -Michael Swanson 

No comments:

Post a Comment