Wednesday, November 11, 2015

2015-2016 Southern Circuit November Filmmaker Updates

Hello again, everyone! Today we would like to share a blog post with you from one of our filmmakers, Erin Bernhardt, and her first of many great experiences she will have while on the Southern Circuit. Enjoy!


Imba Means Sing - Blog Post #1 by Erin Bernhardt.


The first two days sharing IMBA MEANS SING on the Southern Circuit have been incredible! I am so grateful and think this is the coolest thing the government could do to help bring important films to communities. Thank you!

Here are a few highlights so far:

- Several close friends from various times in my life – high school, summer camp, studying abroad in Australia, volunteering in Uganda – came to our screening at Wingate University. It was such a treat to see them. I’m on my way to Memphis right now where I get to spend the night with one of my best friends from college, too. Who knew a tour away from home could be so full of love?!?

- A college class full of future teachers at Wingate is going to use our Imba Discussion and Impact Guide. I can’t wait to hear how it goes!

- The awesome audience in Bonita Springs asked some of the greatest questions last night after the screening. Their wisdom and wonder were really inspiring to me. They also shared stories about friends they know who are also making a difference in Africa. I love that our film helps connect viewers to so many amazing people.

My favorite moment was when the entire audience together realized how incredible it is that it just took ONE PERSON, Ray Barnett, to have the idea to start the African Children’s Choir and the impact one human can make. I know it encouraged them to all live and give in their lives to the fullest.

More soon! Can’t wait to see y’all in TN, KY, GA and AL soon!


For more information about the African Children's Choir, scroll over the "African Children's Choir" link to the left.  


No comments:

Post a Comment